|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
Computer & IT
|Street Address||Cape Town|
We seek an experienced person with the initiative to create and maintain the Commerce IT-supported websites ,systems, and applications. Commerce IT Department is looking for a proactive, flexible, and motivated developer with relevant skills, experience, and eagerness to learn new technologies as well as contribute in seeking ways to continuously improve the current systems.
Requirements for the position:
- A relevant tertiary qualification at NQF7 level and at least 2 years’ software development experience in a
corporate/institutional environment; OR a relevant tertiary qualification at NQF6 level and 3 years’ software
development or support experience in a corporate/institutional environment - with at least 2 years’ experience
in the software development environment.
- Proven experience and skills in programming and application scripting.
- Demonstrable competence in web design.
- Demonstrable skills in business or systems analysis.
- Proven working knowledge and understanding of the following:
- Databases (SQL 2017/2019 and MySQL)
- Development Packages (Visual Studio.NET 2019)
- Microsoft servers, with the focus on IIS, SQL and MySQL Databases and other Microsoft products
The following will be advantageous:
- Operating systems (Windows 7/10 and Windows Server 2003 R2 - 2019)
- Databases (Microsoft Access 2019)
- Maintaining existing supporting websites to ensure they remain vibrant and in touch with the competitive
- Security - The incumbent must ensure the web server's security by using password security checks and regular
review of unauthorised attempts and ensuring sensitive data on the Commerce Web remains secure and
- Liaison with the University's Communications Department to ensure the relevance of information concerning the
- Design, maintain and manage Commerce IT Developed systems and infrastructure service components.
- Maintain current Microsoft Deployment Services and support/upgrade.
- Manage projects to ensure that the above responsibilities are completed on time and within budget.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to familiarize themselves with UCT's transformation policies and initiatives
The annual remuneration package, including benefits, is between R520 246 and R612 053, dependent on
qualifications and experience.
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to Ms Abigail Dixon at [email protected]
- UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc);
- A letter of motivation, clearly addressing your qualifications and relevant experience; and
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) with at least 3 contactable referees.
Please ensure that the position title and reference number are indicated in the subject line of your email.
Reference Number: E210302