|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
Media, Communications & Writing
|Street Address||Cape Town|
Refinery is a full service post production facility.
We service local and International film and television productions and maintain high International delivery standards and specs.
Job Functions Media
The incumbent would be responsible for maintaining a smooth post workflow, ensuring projects are scoped appropriately and finding solutions to meet internal infrastructure and creative needs, while staying within budget and schedule. Takes ownership in managing and finding artists and staff to specific project needs timelines. Understand the details, cost, timeline and process steps that go into VFX post production workflow and pipeline including. The incumbent would also be required to know the rest of the post production process, from Media Management workflows, editing, graphics, VFX, conform, color, sound mix, online and delivery.
- Visual Effects
-Obtaining clear briefs from clients.
-Ensuring that quotes are sent to clients timeously.
-Holding pre-production meetings with clients and artist to ensure correct briefing.
-Ensuring correct post requirements and details are laid out correctly.
-Effective, efficient communications to all parties concerned.
-Building projects schedules and budgets accordingly.
-Creating and implementing dailies and post production workflow briefs.
-Collaborating with client creatives – Director / DOP to ensure their vision is being executed on and providing solutions to post production obstacles.
-Setting realistic and achievable expectations to clients and post team members who work on any given project.
-Maintaining and refine post production pipelines to each project need and overall facility direction.
-Providing regular updates on project timelines to both client and management.
-Ensuring that all aspects of working coming into the facility are resourced to the best spec and delivered perfectly.
-Developing and continuous enhancement of workflows to generate maximum return, deliver and exceed client expectations.
- Ensuring artists are well equipped and overseeing their time management.
- Act as the day-to-day manager of artists time and project process.
- Ensuring that all technical problems are addressed promptly and efficiently.
- Ensuring that there are open lines of communication between artists, clients and producers.
- Notifying clients of any problems or changes that will affect the time plan & budget.
- Completing final recons of projects and ensuring the projects is billed timeously and efficiently.
- Key Performance Indicators (Indicate how performance will be measured: indicators, activities…)
- Performance will only be satisfactory when:
- Understanding acquisitions of camera formats & delivery formats.
- Keeping up to date with new post technology, management systems & workflows.
- Experiencing in long format post essential – feature film, & television
- Understanding of VFX producer / Coordinator experience.
- Understanding of VFX software, Maya, nuke, etc
- Understanding of Ftrack scheduling system
A relevant qualification in Film & Television
A minimum of 5 years experience within in a similiar role
Interested candidates can send their CV