|Location||Durban, Durban, South Africa|
Our client, a leading name in the FMCG/manufacturing industry seeks a dynamic Technical Manager to join their team, based North of Durban. The successful incumbent will report to the National Technical Manager. The incumbent will provide technical know-how and support to all relevant stakeholders as well as to continuously evolve the product offering to be at the forefront of performance.
As part of the technical team, develop new products in order to keep the business relevant in a dynamic feed industry market.
1) Technical support: a. Provide technical information and training to sales agents and customers; b. Support the Technical and Production departments; c. Ensure correct, adequate and reliable information on all technical correspondence and material; d. Prepare and present technical presentations at farmers’ days, at study groups and quarterly meetings; e. Write articles for and support marketing initiatives in the printed, social and recorded media.
2) Product Quality and Product Performance: a. Execute customer recommendations for the use of products; b. Investigate and monitor products performance; c. Assist with product complaints as well quality complaints; d. Re-formulate products on a continuous basis and ensure specifications are as per registered specification; e. Reduce product performance complaints and claims by affecting the appropriate product specification amendments; f. Ensure on farm biological and economic performance of products;
3) Business development: a. Approach along with the Sales and Marketing team prospective customers; b. Give superior technical support to existing customers to ensure customer satisfaction and retention; c. Continuously update products and improve sales volumes on the existing product range; d. On a frequent and continuous basis, give feedback to the head-office on relevant Industry developments; e. Develop new markets within the molasses based and ruminant animal feeds market to grow and develop the market share;
4) Research and Development: a. Initiate, plan and oversee research trials at Universities and other research institutions; b. Conduct field trials in order to confirm product performance and to develop new applications of products; c. As part of the Technical team, assist with the formulation and development of new products;
5) Ensure that the Company’s ethos and standards are maintained at all times: a. Adhere and enforce the company’s ethics and quality policies and procedures at all times; b. Support and contribute to the ethics and quality, and ISO meetings and initiatives when necessary or requested by management to ensure that all the company’s products adhere to ISO quality standards at all times Qualifications and Experience Required - MSc (Agric) or similar post graduate qualification in the Natural Sciences with a focus on Animal Nutrition - 3 years’ experience in the animal feed or associated industry; OR - BSc (Agric) or similar qualification in the Natural Sciences with a focus on Animal Science
- 5 years’ experience in the animal feed or associated industry; - Feedlot nutritional experience will be a strong recommendation; - A knowledgeable understanding of feedlot management, key profit drivers and performance criteria will assist in successfully executing the demands of the position; - Knowledge of feed additives promoting feed efficiency and carcass gain. - Subject knowledge on extensive and intensive production systems (ruminants and game); - Registered or be in a position to register as a Professional natural scientist under SACNASP; - Procedural knowledge - Knowledge of Act 36/1947 - Analysis expertise - Strong communication skills
Interested candidates can send their CV