|Location||Illovo, Sandton, South Africa|
- Mechanical fitting trade certificate and N4 or Equivalent
- At least 3 years’ experience on Turbine and Boiler Valve Refurbishment
- At least 2 Years supervision experience with strong organisational, Interpersonal, communication & Supervision skills with the ability to manage subordinates to achieve the required objective.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong technical background with at least 5 years related experience
- Sound basic fitting skills with the ability to utilise and read measuring instruments within the tolerate requirements
- Must be fully literate in English, in reading, writing and speaking with technical report writing skills and required to communicate in English at all times.
- Conversant with quality system, safety system and disciplinary code
- The successful incumbent will be responsible for supervision of Turbine and Boiler Valve Refurbishment
- Planning, Leading and controlling of activities in accordance with Process Quality Plans, Work Instructions and OEM specifications within the company Procedure TTQ-D-6.
- Ensure the effective management, utilization and control of resources, tools and equipment
- Provide technical support on repairs and refurbishment.
- Ensure a clean working environment is maintained
- Ensure adherence to quality procedures and quality plans. Checks sheets to be completed and signed as per equipment
- Meet predefined milestone deadlines; ensure compliance with plant Safety Regulations, with safety and environment rules, regulations and PPE equipment and with Quality Standards.
- Responsible for subordinates performance management, on job training and HR/IR Management
- Perform rigging and lifting of components within the certified limits of the qualification
- The ability to function effectively in a team environment
- Continuous Improvement: Ensure that your administration Document is current, and includes your SHEQ objectives.
- Ensure that all legal appointments are valid and in place for your area of control.
- SHE Compliance: As a section 8 & 9 appointee, you are to ensure that the duties of the employer as contemplated in the Occupational Health and Safety Act 85 of 1993 are properly discharged and all legal appointments are valid and in place for your area of control.
- Reduce Rework: Measure and report on Rework vs. Revenue for your department on a monthly basis and ensure you reduce rework to less than 0.5% of your turnover.
- ISO and OHSA Certification: Ensure that all activities are carried out as per the documented processes and comply with the requirements of ISO and OHSA certification.
- Audit Rating: Maintain an audit score of less than 2 and/or receive no major audit finding
- Maintenance planned and unplanned Outages, IR & Breakdown supervision
Interested candidates can send their CV