|Location||East London, South Africa|
|Street Address||East London|
- Dissolving sugar in sugar dissolving tank, processing temperature control and operating syrup transfer pump.
- Conducting Qualitative and quantitative analysis of all manufactured simple syrups.
- Responsible for simple syrup preparation.
- Ensuring that there is enough crystal sugar stock for production.
- Ensuring that sugar screw is clean by properly mixing with hot water as per the frequency.
- Ensuring that all specifications are met during syrup production.
- Cleaning of strainer and bag filters as per standard frequency.
- Monitoring CIP and providing support to water treatment dept. during CIP or in case of any failure
- Maintaining simple syrup logbook in accordance with UNBS standard.
- Ensuring that food safety requirements, GHK / Hygiene/process standard are met, and appropriate action taken if required
- Ensuring that basic running maintenance is done to ensure quality performance.
- Performing preventive maintenance on the machine before and at the start of production.
- Calculating the residual and dirty sugar and maintaining it in the records.
- Checking the QA ID of received sugar from the store.
- Maintaining good communication with the syrup room and water treatment section.
- Following the shutdown process at the end of the week.
- Writing all key shift information in the logbook & ensuring proper hand over and take over during the shift change.
- Responsible for receiving sugar from store as per production plan.
- Immediately reporting to Water Treatment & syrup room supervisor in case of any failure.
- BSc in Chemistry/Biology/Food Sciences and/or HND or equivalent from a reputable Institute
- At least 2-3 years hands-on in the Food Industry. Beverage manufacture a distinct advantage.
- Familiar with Carbonated Soft Drinks and/or water treatment plant.