|Location||Auckland Park, Auckland Park, South Africa|
Media, Communications & Writing
Main purpose of the position:
To ensure high quality, accurate, objective, contextualised, compelling, incisive and audio-visual rich programmes and broadcasts in accordance with SABC News’ public mandate and strategic objectives.
Ensure high quality, accurate, objective, contextualised, compelling, incisive and audio-visual rich programmes and broadcasts in accordance with SABC News’ public mandate and strategic objectives.
Oversee pre-production, production and post-production requirements of programmes.
Ensure that all show material adheres to SABC Editorial Policies, BCCSA and Press Codes, house style, and journalistic ethics.
Ensure flow in storytelling and adherence to formal language.
Check with producer for any requirement for disclaimer/warning.
Work in synergy with producers on the developments and requirements of their stories.
Give advice and constructive feedback on script quality and final production.
Interact with producers on and off the field on an ongoing basis to ensure the attainment of a high quality product.
Review tapes after shoots to check if they meet the programme requirements.
Advise producers on technical requirements of their programmes.
Edit all copy related to Special Assignment promotional material.
Ensure that the show is promoted across SABC News platforms for greater audience awareness and reach.
Be part of the programme review panel before broadcast.
Proactively anticipate potential problems with stories and liaise with the Executive Producer to resolve them.
Seek counsel, consult and advise the Executive Producer on the on all the editorial and technical issues regarding programmes.
Provide feedback against set standards in order to enhance quality (briefs and de-briefs).
Contribute and participate in special broadcasts as and when required.
- Diploma/Degree in Journalism, Media Studies or related discipline –
- 8 years’ experience of which 5 mustbe in documentary filmmaking.
- Exposure to and understanding of long form television production.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Language proficiency in English.
- Ability to write to visuals.
- Understanding of the interaction between audio and video.
- Understanding of regulations and legislation impacting broadcasting.
- Extensive knowledge of the relevant systems and broadcasting systems and processes.
- Exceptional creative ability and attention to detail.
Interested candidates can send their CV