|Location||Pretoria, Pretoria, South Africa|
Transportation & Logistics
The department of Research and Innovation seeks to appoint a Statistical Analyst. This is a permanent position based at the Pretoria Campus.
INSTRUCTIONS: Applicants are required to submit together with the CVs, a standardized application form available from the university intranet as well as recently certified copies of qualifications and Identity Document. Failure to comply with this instruction will disqualify the candidate. Further note that candidates may be expected to make a presentation or undergo competency testing.
.Key Performance Areas/Core functions:
- Provide staff B, M & D students advice during the planning phase of their research projects.
- Give methodological support and guidance in the maintenance of quality sampling frames
- Assessment of research proposals (Statistics parts) and advice on sampling techniques, power of the tests, experimental design and questionnaire design
- Do elementary to advanced statistical analysis
- Disseminate results and provide interpretation support
- Advise staff and students on appropriate corrective actions to rectify any deviations
- Conduct surveys on client satisfaction
- Client statistical software needs surveys
- Conduct basic and advance courses in experiment and questionnaire design
- Presentation of the generic research methodology courses (statistics modules)
- Provide training in SAS/SPSS statistical packages
- At least an Honours in Statistics or equivalent
- Master’s qualification will be highly recommended
- 2 years relevant experience (Higher Education will be an added advantage).
Interested candidates can send their CV