|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
Computer & IT
|Street Address||Cape Town|
Capitec offering a wide range of financial solutions to its chosen market segments. We are seeking to recruit Software Developers in the Change and Innovation (CCIO) domain. Details are as below:
Reporting to: Manager- Application Development
Reporting to the Manager- Application Development, the role holder will be responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining the existing information systems as well as new business application products. The primary role is application and software design, to provide product solutions for specific business needs. The developer shall also ensure that the different software developed conforms to the software development standards by conducting system reviews, optimization, and documenting reference manuals.
- To design and/or customize existing software solutions by studying information needs; systems flow, data usage, and work processes while adhering to the software development lifecycle.
- Support the development of an interoperability framework between the core banking application and its interfacing applications in order to develop automated interfaces for existing and new requirements.
- Prepare system documentation to provide user support for programs and for production/operating procedures.
- Analyze user requirements and application needs, determine and evaluate potential solutions, develop system specifications and requirements, and design application programs to meet the requirements.
- Design integrated solutions which may include applications, databases, networks, and related systems.
- Interact with Vendors and other strategic business partners to understand and recommend data interchange formats, APIs, and messaging formats so as to achieve seamless integration.
- Execute test cases including debugging of subsystems and components in Test and Production environments.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Required:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Engineering, Mathematics, or another related field.
- A Master’s degree in computer science, software engineering or Information technology will be an added advantage.
- Adept at Financial Technology & Innovation.
- Advance experience developing data-driven applications utilizing significant relational database engines as part of the overall application architecture.
- Experience with Oracle & MS SQL is required; however, PostgreSQL or MySQL is desirable.
- Knowledge & experience in administering Windows, Unix, Linux operating systems and at least two applications, database, messaging, or web server systems.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience as a software developer or engineer.
- Advance experience developing data-driven applications utilizing significant relational database engines as part of the overall application architecture (experience with either PostgreSQL or MySQL is required and any of the following highly desirable; Oracle, MS SQL Server, H2 SQL).
- Working experience using most of the following: Spring, Hibernate, jQuery, Subversion, Restful web services, Agile methodology, Maven, Jasper server, android SDK.
- Advanced knowledge and skill with popular open-source programming languages JAVA and PHP 5.
- Proficiency in developing and troubleshooting complex software systems that run in mixed environments including Linux, UNIX and/or Windows on desktop, server, tablet, and mobile systems.
- Demonstrated ability to link and apply complex technologies to business strategies & a high proficiency in Information and Communication Technology.
- Strong skills in business process analysis and redesign and the ability to solve complex business problems.
- Strong understanding of banking operations, FinTech, and product development trends.
- Strong understanding and experience in digital banking services.
- Experience with running test & learn methodologies, such as Multi-variant testing.
- Ability to manage cooperation with third-party vendors.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a sense of urgency, positive attitude, and the ability to excel in a high-pressure environment.