|Location||Pretoria, Pretoria, South Africa|
3 Year Fixed-Term: SLP and WILTrainer Mechatronics/Electronics Engineering
Post Level 12
Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment
Technology Station in Electronics (TSE)
Pretoria West Campus
The Technology Station in Electronics (TSE) has a 3 year fixed-term contract position for a Trainer in Electronics Engineering at the Pretoria West Campus.
- Interact with private companies to determine and develop programmes in line with their training requirements.
- Promote training programmes to potential industry clients
- Facilitation of Work Integrated Learning (WIL) for mechatronics, mechanical and electronics engineering students.
- Support academic programmes linked to the Technology Station in Electronics.
- Planning, content creation, training and facilitation of Community based training programmes.
- Planning and maintenance of training facilities of the TSE.
- Sourcing of funding for the creation and presentation of courses.
- Report on training activities in line with SETA, TSE, TIA and TUT requirements.
- Adhere to quality management system.
- Adhere to SHE requirements of institution.
- Diploma in Electrical or Mechatronics Engineering (Light Current)
- Must have a valid Drivers Licence
- Required to work after hours when needed.
- Required to travel when needed.
- Previous experience working in or with the Technology Stations Program would be an advantage.
- Experience in content development and presentation of short learning programmes.
- Experience with the facilitation of learning experiences for Work Integrated Learning.
- Planning, and execution of community-based training programmes or similar training activities.
- Managing practical training sessions linked to an academic programme (Semester or Year Programme)
- Training facility planning and implementation.
- Promotion of training programmes.
Knowledge and Skills
- Good verbal and communication skills.
- Presentation to groups of people.
- Planning and organizing.
- Must have or be willing to obtain Fist Aid certification.
- Previous training experience within mechatronics field required.
- Be self-driven and able to work independently as well as in teams.
- Be able to follow procedures and instructions.
- Be willing to learn on the job and to perform under pressure.
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office package with Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Electronic Design
- Printed Circuit Board Layouts
- Use Rapid Development Platform
- Firmware Programming (C, C++, or other languages)
Registration with professional body (if applicable):
ECSA registration or eligibility to register with ECSA will be advantageous
Interested candidates can send their CV