|Location||Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa|
We invite applications for this position, for appointment from 1 September 2021 or soon thereafter.
The successful candidate will take responsibility for the organization, teaching, presentation, administration and monitoring of Organic Chemistry laboratory practicals, as well as ensuring that the practicals run smoothly and safely. He/she will also be involved in other portfolios and administrative duties.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in Synthetic Organic Chemistry
- A minimum of 2 years’ full-time experience in a Chemistry Laboratory (post Master’s degree)
- Evidence of laboratory management including procurement (purchasing chemicals and laboratory
- A sound knowledge of Health & Safety aspects of chemical laboratories and the handling and use of
- Coordinating Organic Chemistry practicals in senior courses
- Supervising laboratory staff and demonstrators
- Technical and administrative duties
- Managing the budget for the purchase of chemicals and equipment
- Consulting with students
The annual cost of employment, including benefits, is between R417 562 and R491 249.
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to Ms Natasha Khan at
- UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc)
- Cover letter stating your suitability for the role
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)