|Location||Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa|
The University of Cape Town is seeking an energetic and dynamic psychiatrist to join the Department of Psychiatry and Mental Health to provide leadership in the area of psychosis research. The Deparment has several collaborations with international centres of research excellence and there is an opportunity to drive this work forwards.
The successful candidate will be expected to: Provide leadership in the area of psychosis research, participating
in and facilitating ongoing data acquisition, analysis, and publication.
Requirements for the post include:
- Registration as a psychiatrist with HPCSA
- PhD in Psychiatry
- Ability to analyse psychiatric data, as demonstrated by a solid track record of academic output
- Demonstrated interest in one or other area of the field, as demonstrated by publications in this area
The following would be advantageous:
- Ability to provide statistical consultation to graduate students and staff
- Demonstrated competitiveness for acquiring national and international research funding
Responsibilities of the successful candidate:
- Participating in and facilitating ongoing data acquisition;
- Clinical assessment, clinical protocol development and quality control;
- Data analysis, and publication;
- Facilitating collaboration and international communication;
- Research supervision;
- Project management and research administration.
Interested candidates can send their CV
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to Ms Vathiswa Mbangi
- UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc;)
- A letter of motivation detailing suitability for this post
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)