|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Street Address||Cape Town|
The Centre for Innovation in Learning and Teaching invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment to
these positions on Professional and Support Staff (PASS) conditions. We currently have two fixed term contracts available,
starting as soon as possible – one is a parental leave cover contract (9 months) and one is focused on providing specific
support for the 2022 academic year (12 months).
The successful candidates will join the CILT Course and Curriculum Design team in supporting academics to develop blended and
online courses and learning materials at the University of Cape Town. Given our current context, you will need to work remotely
but staff may be required to come into the physical office in future (by negotiation).
For further information see http://www.cilt.uct.ac.za/
- An NQF 8 level qualification in a relevant field (e.g. post-graduate qualification)
- Five years’ relevant work experience (two years of which must have been working in the higher education sector)
- Two years’ experience creating online courses
- One year’s experience coordinating online education projects including resource allocation
- Knowledge of educational technologies
- Knowledge of online platforms
- Knowledge of learning design principles
- Skilled in the creation of digital content
- Comfortable in managing relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Ability to multitask and coordinate multiple projects
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills – including report compilation, presentations, and editing
- Experience of working in a team, with minimal supervision
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Advanced computer literacy including using collaborative virtual teamwork platforms e.g. MS Office suite, G-Suite,
- Experience in project scoping and with project management software and tools
- Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail
- An NQF 9 level qualification
- Familiarity working on course design in STEM disciplines
- Knowledge and experience of applying Universal Design for Learning
- Curriculum development in higher education contexts
- Experience working with online project management tools
- Resource and budget tracking experience
- Monitoring and evaluation experience
- To work with academics and the CILT team to create effective online or blended courses
- Co-ordinate effective project delivery processes for online and blended course redesign and development
- Participate in evaluation activities as required
- Track and monitor resources and activities
- To engage with a range of internal and external stakeholders
The annual cost of employment for 2021 is between R520 000 and R612 000 (pro rata for contract period).
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to Melanie Ernstzen [email protected]
- UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc)
- Cover letter motivating your application and how you meet the requirements
- Curriculum Vitae (CV) of not more than 5 pages
Please indicate which contract you are applying for, or either.
Please begin your subject line with your surname then first name after which you can include the title and reference number
and any other details that suit you.
An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be required to undergo a competency test