|Location||Johannesburg, Johannesburg, South Africa|
A vacancy exists for a Senior Product Manager at Life Healthcare, Head Office, reporting to the Head of Product Development. The role will focus on developing detailed product specifications for all Value-Based Care clinical products. The requirements are to implement the product development toolkit and oversee and deliver all product blueprints. The successful candidate must have the ability to apply the principles of Design Thinking in the product development process to ensure that our products meet the needs of the intended users- patients, clinicians and funders.
Apply the principles of Design Thinking in the product development process.
Co-create fit for purpose products
Work closely with Service Design Specialist & Clinical Directorate Development Manager to develop products for clinical teams to execute in the acute and out of hospital setting.
Product R & D
Research and development in the following areas: market segments and trends, enabling technologies for deployment of clinical products, competitor product analysis, funder benefit and product design, go to market strategies.
Define the Product Blueprint based on the patient need
Articulate the objectives of each product which includes but is not limited to the following
- Product Business case
- Target market segmentation: Scheme/Private Cash Patients/ Government
- LHC product market advantage/differentiator
- Product scope and rules: patient cohort’s / risk categories/ inclusion/exclusion criteria
- Define the patient journeys within the continuum of care framework articulated in the product concept documents
- Articulate the required clinician partnerships according to the product category- In-Hospital Vs Out of Hospital
- Detail LHC points of care provision vs 3rd party in the continuum of care
- Define system and process requirements for product implementation
- Articulate the product financial model and alternative reimbursement model
- Detail the product marketing strategy
Implementation of the Product Toolkit
Implement the Product Development Toolkit to streamline and maintain governance in the development process
8 – 10 years’ experience in the application of design thinking principles
Experience in product development in a healthcare provider or funder setting is advantageous
Ability to translate strategy and tactics into action
Working knowledge of HPCSA and Medical Schemes regulations and practices
Working knowledge of doctor billing systems and rules, medical aid scheme rules, and relevant regulatory bodies
Problem solving skills
Research and development skills
Working in a multidisciplinary team
Verbal and written communication skills
Interested candidates can send their CV