|Location||Woodmead, Woodmead, South Africa|
Computer & IT
Key Job Purpose: The incumbent is responsible for directing and managing ICT plans, policies
and programs and translating these into appropriate IT strategies and initiatives for NYDA.
Key Outcomes: (what deliverables are required to achieve job purpose)
▪ Development and management of an NYDA ICT strategy and plan
▪ Implementation of ICT services for the NYDA
▪ Provision of ICT risk and governance administration
▪ Management of ICT business continuity
▪ Management of ICT vendors and contracts
NYDA: Job Description Date: 13/02/2018 Page 2 of 9
Key Roles: (what role does one have to play to deliver the outcomes).
▪ Strategic leadership
▪ Project management
▪ Analytical thinking
▪ Trends forecasting
Outcomes Key Activities
(what activities are relevant to deliver the outcomes)
KPA 1: Development
and management of
NYDA ICT strategy and
- Participate in strategic and operational governance
processes of NYDA as a member of the senior management
- Lead ICT strategic and operational planning to achieve NYDA
goals by fostering innovation, prioritizing ICT initiatives, and
coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management
of current and future IT systems across the organization.
- Maintain and update an appropriate ICT organizational
structure that supports the needs of the business.
- Establish ICT departmental goals, objectives, and operating
- Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective
investment of financial resources in ICT systems and resources,
including staffing, sourcing, purchasing, and in-house
- Assess and communicate risks associated with ICT investments.
- Develop, track, and control the information technology
annual operating and capital budgets.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses
for ICT spending and initiatives.
- Assess and make recommendations on the improvement or
re-engineering of the ICT organization.
- Supervise recruitment, development, retention, and
organization of all ICT staff in accordance with corporate
budgetary objectives and personnel policies.
NYDA: Job Description Date: 13/02/2018 Page 4 of 9
KPA 2: Implementation
of ICT services for the
- Develop and manage the planning and budgeting for the
organisation’s ICT services to ensure that resources are used to
provide best in class ICT services that are in line with
- Coordinate and facilitate consultation with stakeholders to
define the organisation and systems requirements for new
- Approve, prioritize, and control projects and the project
portfolio as they relate to the selection, acquisition,
development, and installation of major information systems.
- Ensure continuous delivery of ICT services through oversight of
service level agreements with end users and monitoring of ICT
- Ensure development, implementation and maintenance of all
policies related to ICT services, including, distribution and asset
- Ensure ICT system operations adhere to applicable laws and
- Establish lines of control for current and proposed information
- Oversee data warehousing.
- Oversee implementation of ICT applications to support
programme and product delivery.
KPA 3: Provision of ICT
risk and governance
- Ensure the provision of methods, tools and procedures for
data integrity assurance and guarantee a daily operation of
- Oversees the development, implementation and
management of an ICT risk governance framework aligned
with industry and regulatory compliance standards including
but not limited to DPSA ICT Governance Framework, CoBIT,
ISO 38500, and ItiL.
- Oversees the development and implementation of an
awareness and compliance programme for the ICT division,
users, vendors and service providers.
KPA 4: Management of
ICT business continuity
- Direct development and execution of an enterprise-wide
disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Manage and provide oversight for the implementation of an
ICT security strategy and disaster recovery plan that minimizes
the risk of data loss and breach of privacy of the Corporation’s
information and that of its Prime Contractor and other
NYDA: Job Description Date: 13/02/2018 Page 5 of 9
KPA 5: Management of
ICT vendors and
- Develop sourcing strategy to ensure appropriate procedures
are in place to select equipment and services vendors.
- To manage ICT vendors and contracts of outsourced services.
- Review hardware and software acquisition and maintenance
contracts and pursue master agreements to capitalize on
economies of scale.
- Define and communicate corporate plans, policies, and
standards for the organization for acquiring, implementing,
and operating ICT systems.
- Promote and oversee strategic relationships between internal
ICT resources and external entities.
KPA 6: Financial and
- Submit monthly financial reports;
- Provide detailed variance analysis per strategic programme,
- Ensure the development of a risk register for the unit and
manage the action plans for the unit.
KPA 7: Establishment of
- Design and development of project management toolkits.
- Reporting project management progress.
- Capacity building.
- Implement business process re-engineering organisation wide.
- Implement quality management systems.
Interested candidates may submit the following documents:
NYDA Application Form
Certified latest ID copy
Applications may be sent to [email protected]
Interested candidates can send their CV