|Location||eMalahleni, eMalahleni, South Africa|
Department of Computer Science
Post level: 7/8
Department of Computer Science has a permanent position for a Senior Lecturer/ Lecturer at eMalahleni campus.
- Undergraduate and Postgraduate lecturing and assessment.
- Postgraduate research supervision.
- Participation in community engagement projects
- Scientific research and publications in peer – reviewed journals.
- Course development and maintenance of subject study guides, course work and other related materials.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the curriculum.
- Be available for students during consultation time and appointments
- Identify and attend additional training opportunities
- Academic administration, participate in academic committees and extra – curricular activities.
- Work Integrated Learning initiatives in the faculty.
- Be involved in fostering of partnership with industry and other institutions.
Key performance areas
Knowledge in any of the following areas:
- High level programming languages such as Java and C++ and programming paradigms
- Databases and database query languages
- Software modelling
- Working knowledge and research in data science or any other current fields of study in computer science.
- Academic qualifications:
- A relevant Doctorate degree in the field of computing (NQF Level 10) a PhD in Computer science, or a PhD in a related field but with a Computer Science topic.
- A relevant undergraduate qualification in Computer Science or a computer science-related field is a prerequisite.
- Proven research and publications record in peer – reviewed journals (preferably accredited) and papers delivered at Computer science – related conferences
- A relevant Masters degree in the field of computing (NQF Level9) an Mcomp in Computer science, or a Masters degree in a related field with a Computer Science topic
- A relevant undergraduate qualification in Computer Science or a Computer Science related field is a prerequisite.
- At least 5 years lecturing experience at an institution of higher learning or 3 years lecturing at an institution of higher learning and 2 years relevant industry experience.
- Experience in supervision of postgraduate students with their research projects.
- Evidence of teaching across a number of areas in Computing, including programming.
- At least 3 years lecturing experience at an institution of higher learning or 1 year lecturing at a institution of higher learning and 2 years relevant industry experience
- Evidence of teaching across a number of subject areas in Computing, including programming.
Interested candidates can send their CV