|Location||Ga-Rankuwa, Ga-Rankuwa, South Africa|
Department : Economics
Faculty of Economics and Finance
Post level: 07
The Department of Economics in the Faculty` of Economics and Finance has a permanent position for a Senior Lecturer: Economics at the Ga-Rankuwa Campus.
Critical Performance Areas
- Curriculum development of and lecturing of modules in the programme(s) based in the department;
- Pursuing research activities such as own research, research-based publications and the supervision of post graduate students registered in the department;
- Developing, presenting and co-ordinating undergraduate and post graduate courses for pre-service and in-service teachers and other students for contact and distance presentation;
- Mentoring students for practice teaching/work integrated learning (WIL);
- Using a learning management system to develop and present courses;
- Presenting lectures and programmes in an E-learning environment;
- Providing a significant contribution to research outputs, post graduate teaching and supervision;
- Responsible for administrative tasks related to teaching and learning;
- Actively participate in community service projects;
- Present evening classes and/or Saturday classes as part of the normal workload if the need arises.
- Academic qualifications:
- A PhD in Economics
- At least 5 years teaching, research and industrial experience in Economics at a tertiary level;
- Experience in research and mentoring of postgraduate students will be a strong recommendation;
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation and computer skills as well as the ability to work with students, conduct workshops, seminars, etc.;
- Quantitative skills (e.g. econometrics, statistics for economists or mathematics for economists)
- Evidence of successful Masters or Doctoral supervision;
- Knowledge of econometrics and statistical packages such as E-VIEWS, STATA or SPSS.
- Registration with professional body (if applicable):
- Successful candidate will be expected to be a member of any of the professional bodies recognized by the Department.
Interested candidates can send their CV