|Location||Pretoria, Pretoria, South Africa|
SENIOR LECTURER : PEOPLE MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT
Post level: 7
OFO code: 231101
The Department of People Management and Development in the Faculty of Management Sciences has a permanent position for Senior Lecturer at the Pretoria campus.
Critical Performance Areas
- Presenting lectures and assessing students at undergraduate and post graduate levels;
- Teaching and Learning with Technology, including administration of study materials and assessment processes / Labour Relations qualifications
- Be responsible for administrative tasks related to teaching and learning in Human Resources Management qualifications / Labour Relations qualifications
- Design and monitoring of general departmental administrative systems and leadership;
- Provide assistance and advice to staff members and students with respect to the programmes and other related academic responsibilities allocated to him/her;
- Responsible for research & development of niche research areas;
- Participate in the lecturing of the subject research methodology, the evaluation of research proposals and act as supervisor for Master’s and Doctorate students.
- Organise Conferences, Seminars, Symposiums;
- Coordinate the department`s community engagement initiatives;
- Day to day management of teaching programmes, work load planning, quality of teaching materials, and study materials; cooperative education and class visits;
- Liaise with industry to expand WIL offering:
- Develop SLPs and workshop programme;
- Management of facility (lecturing rooms and offices) in compliance with health and safety (SHE) requirements;
- Involvement in any teaching and learning activity as may be assigned to him /her by the Head of Department.
- Participate in the development of new curricula in line with new HEQF structures.
- Involvement in departmental or individual community projects.
- Present evening/ Saturday classes as required and as part of the normal workload.
Minimum Requirements: Senior Lecturer
- A relevant Doctorate degree with specialisation in Labour Relations / Employment Relations.
- Five years lecturing experience in a higher educational institution.
- Industry related experience in Labour Relations is strongly recommended.
- Proven track record of research output / publication and supervisory experience on Master`s and Doctoral level.
Interested candidates can send their CV