|Location||Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa|
Admin & Office
The Information and Communication Technology Services (ICTS) Department of the University of Cape Town (UCT) is embarking on a series of initiatives aimed at improving and maturing certain IT processes to ensure that it optimises its value delivery to the University. One such key initiative is the review and enhancement of the IT Project Management framework in the University’s ICTS department.
There is thus an opportunity for a Senior Administrator with a strong IT Project Management background to join the
Governance Support Services (GSS) Division within ICTS on a full-time, fixed term, contract basis for six (6) months.
This position will report to the Director: GSS and will provide a key support and co-ordination function for special projects
focused on process reviews; the implementation of an IT Project and Program Management (PPM) System; developing
document / artifact templates to be used in the IT Project Management Lifecycle; maintaining risk, issues and action registers;
producing progress reports and providing general administrative support e.g. meeting agendas, minute-taking etc.
The ideal candidate would be a highly motivated, professional, articulate and pro-active self-starter with excellent attention
to detail and who is comfortable engaging a diverse group of stakeholders from administrative support staff and technical
teams to senior managers, directors and heads of department.
Appointment to this position will require the following:
- A relevant qualification at a minimum NQF-6 level;
- A minimum of 7 years’ relevant administration, support and co-ordination experience in the IT Project Management
- Intermediate to advanced levels of proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint);
- Excellent English communication skills (incl. report writing, oral and written skills);
- A good grasp of the Project Management Lifecycle and key artefacts / documents used through the lifecycle.
- Experience in developing and maintaining project document / artefact templates;
- Strong planning, organizing, coordinating and work management skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently to meet deadlines;
- Good people skills and relationship-building skills;
The following would be to your advantage:
- A recognised, post-graduate diploma or certification in project administration / project management;
- Experience in the use of a Project Management system;
Interested candidates can send their CV
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file
- UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc);
- Cover letter;
- Curriculum Vitae (CV;
- Copies of relevant qualifications and certifications;