|Location||Ga-Rankuwa, Ga-Rankuwa, South Africa|
SDS Practitioner (Psychological Services)
DIRECTORATE OF STUDENT DEVELOPMENT AND SUPPORT
Post level 8
OFO Code: 263505
The Directorate of Student Development and Support (SDS) in Higher Education and Development has a permanent position SDS Practitioner available at the Ga-Rankuwa campus.
INSTRUCTIONS: Applicants are required to submit together with the CV’s, a standardized application form available from the university intranet as well as recently certified copies of qualifications and identity document. Failure to comply with this instruction will disqualify the candidate. Further note that candidates may be expected to make a presentation or undergo competency testing.
Critical Performance Areas:
- Programme management and administration of a SDS service area.
- Participate in the service delivery of:
- Personal counselling and therapy
- Career counselling
- Psychometric assessments
- Study Skills
- Life Skills
- Mentorship training
- Other SDS services
- Continuous professional development
- Monitoring, evaluation and reporting
JOB SPECIFICATION/MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- A relevant Master’s Degree (NQF L9) in the field of Psychology.
- Registration as a psychologist (educational or counselling) with the HPCSA.
- 3 years relevant experience in rendering psychological services to higher education
- Counselling portfolios related to psychological support focus areas: Professional knowledge of skills development and support functions: Human behaviour: Counselling (individual, group), psycho-education.
- Counselling portfolios related to academic development focus areas: Professional knowledge of remedial support work.
- Ability to work with people individually and in teams in a partnership and leadership
- Ability to apply and facilitate and present effectively.
- Ability to counsel and mentor and provide guidance.
- Ability to prioritize and organize, function independently and take responsibility for tasks.
- Ability to operate effectively in team context.
- Ability to apply a professional code of ethics and maintain confidentiality.
Interested candidates can send their CV