|Location||Atlantis, Atlantis, South Africa|
Computer & IT
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Education and/or Experience: (The following qualifications can be acquired and demonstrated through experience, education and/or vocational training as noted or as appropriate.)
- 5 years experienced wood/composite and plastic router operator
- Minimum 5 years3 axis CNC router experience
- Unicam/ Mach 3 experience or other related
- CAD/CAM programming experience is beneficial (Fusion 360 a plus)
- 3D modelling experience for basic editing and modification (Solidworks or Fusion 360)
- Manufacturing engineering related experience a plus; or a level of education that, together with experience and training, enables the applicant to demonstrate the required knowledge and experience. (practical experience more than 5 years)
- Composites related training a plus (Maritime industry)
- Thorough knowledge of router safety, maintenance & operation.
- Understanding the machining properties of various materials and the proper application and operation of CNC equipment, tool maintenance
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule and plan work on router machines.
- Junior CAD/ CAM router programmer (must be prepared to learn and take initiative)
- Tool identification and inspection
- Maintain a high level of production while maintaining quality
- Responding to quick turn-around orders
- Good material knowledge to determine machining parameters and tooling
- Performing well in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment
- Shape parts to prescribed dimensions and finishes. Observe machine operations and adjust operation to ensure conformance with specified tolerances.
- Setup independently new jobs and development jobs on from start to finish, including selection of tools and CNC programming understanding.
- Verify dimensions, alignments, and clearances of finished parts for conformance to specifications. Identify issues and monitor process and troubleshoot concern resulting in resolution.
- Experience reading blueprints, Work instructions to assess workpiece specifications and to determine programming and sequences of operations.
- Visualize and compute dimensions, sizes, shapes, and tolerances of assemblies, based on specifications.
- Inspect finished part for smoothness, contour conformity, and defects.
- Maintain, create, and update setup procedures for all critical process.
- Monitor’s production performance measurements and adjusts process to maintain quality and improve on cost. Skills in optimization of parameters & set up during operation of the router.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Administration for projects & reporting
- Comply to quality, lead time conformance and production requirements.
Interested candidates can send their CV