|Location||Durban, Durban, South Africa|
Sales & Retail
Our client, within the manufacturing industry seeks to appoint and experienced and suitably qualified Retail Manager (Sales) to join their team based in Durban. The successful incumbent will be responsible for monitoring and managing the day-to-day sales activities of the branch to ensure achievement of the annual sales budget.
Implementing and maintaining a sales strategy to achieve the budgeted sales target, whilst monitoring customer service levels, and the efficiency and effectiveness of installation teams.
Job Duties Sales Management
- Developing and submitting annual budgets, as well as quarterly forecasts to the Sales and Marketing Director for approval.
- Monitoring and reporting on monthly progress of actual sales per channel, to budget and forecast for the branch.
- Creation of a sales strategy for the branch, broken down into channels to market and product ranges including all Group products.
- Perform constant competitor analysis to determine market trends, pricing, and service offered by competitors, as well as new competitors entering, and those exiting the market in the region.
- Participate in the implementation of price increases during the year.
- Monitoring of actual monthly margins of product vs budget and forecast.
- Making appropriate and innovative recommendations to drive the business growth and Sustainability.
- Responsible for the approving of credit notes and discounts to customers.
- Manage the sales commission structure for the branch, and to ensure that this structure is aligned to the outcomes of the strategic objectives of the company.
- Create relationships with key strategic customers and professional bodies from a networking perspective.
- Effectively manage the branch customer age analysis to ensure payments are being received within the company’s policies. Branch Management
- Assist in the management of the monthly actual financial operating expenses of the branch against the budget and forecasted numbers.
- Ensure that all Standard Operating Procedures for the branch are fully complied with.
- Ensure the safeguard of all the assets in the branch. Training Management
- Co-ordinating and drive the training of the company’s sales staff and installers. Project Management
- Providing strategic input into the development of key projects for new product development, which impact on Sales and Director. Installations
- Ensure the installation teams are adequately resourced to achieve the branches sales strategy.
- Ensure the installation teams are adequately trained on both current products, as well as new products.
- Constantly monitor the efficiency of the installation teams and provide feedback to the Sales and Marketing Director thereon. Customer Service
- Reviewing and analyse monthly statistics on customer support levels and provide feedback to the Sales and Marketing Director there on.
- Implement corrective action plans to immediately address any issues arising out of the above analysis of customer support levels. Reporting
- Provide weekly and monthly reports to the Sales and Marketing Director on the actual sales, per channel and per product for the month compared to the budget and forecast numbers.
- Provide monthly reports to the Sales and Marketing Director on the margin per channel and per product. Department Management
- Management of employees.
- Coach and mentor direct reports to ensure personal development of team members.
- Ensure staff development so that the required expertise and skills are maintained.
- Ensure effective leave and absentee management.
- Investigate and resolve performance issues timeously.
- Foster a culture of teamwork and understanding.
- Ensure the team understand and protect the confidentiality of information.
- Degree/Diploma in Sales or a similar relevant industry qualification
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience as a senior sales manager.
- Strong ability to organize effectively, delegate responsibility, problem solve and communicate clearly.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Exceptional communicator with the ability to build relationships
Interested candidates can send their CV