|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
eNCA: SOUTH AFRICA'S MOST WATCHED TV NEWS CHANNEL. eNCA is South Africa’s most trusted independent TV and online news brand. It launched on June 1st, 2008 to become the country’s first 24-hour television news service.
Reporting to Executive Producer: Checkpoint
The incumbent would be required to develop and implement effective research for Checkpoint.
- Have and develop contacts who can feed you unique stories.
- Assist producers with research and proposals.
- Come up with unique, well-researched story ideas and be able to
- develop them visually.
- Conduct in-depth research of stories brought to Checkpoint`s attention.
- Go through story ideas in the Checkpoint mailbox and follow up.
- Attend to viewers who visit the Checkpoint office with stories and follow up.
- Answer calls from viewers with stories and follow up.
- Monitor eNCA new diaries and content.
- Conduct both field and office research.
- Be willing to use spy camera and work undercover.
- Fact check scripts.
Job Functions Research
Industries Broadcasting / Transmitting,Media
Education: Diploma or Advanced Certificate in Journalism/ Media Studies/ Communications/ International Relations/ Politics
Experience: A minimum of 3 years experience in Current Affairs Research
Specific Professional Competencies:
- Thorough understanding of South African and global news and current affairs
- Good understanding of on-line
- Ability to report for TV
- Strong writing skills
- Planning skills
- Organising skills
- Decision-making skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Coping under pressure
- Conflict handling skills
- Problem Solving Skills
Interested candidates can send their CV