|Location||Pretoria, Pretoria, South Africa|
Financial and Fiscal Commission (FFC) is seeking to appoint energetic, and results driven
individuals with high levels of analytical and problem-solving skills for Researcher positions
on a permanent basis to conduct research in ensuring the promotion of Intergovernmental
- THE PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The purpose of these positions is to conduct research, provide analytical and interpretive
support for the FFC's Macro-economics and Public Finance & Local Government Unit
research projects and recommendations. The Researchers will also develop practical policy
recommendations for government institutions based on research results, disseminating results
via briefings, presentations at seminars, workshops and in Parliament.
- LOCATION: CAPE TOWN / GAUTENG
- MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Masters Degree in Economics, Public Finance or equivalent.
- 1 - 3 years’ work experience in Economic Policy Research.
- A good working knowledge of Quantitative Analysis.
- Public Finance and Policy Environment exposure.
- Well-developed applied research skills, and research project planning and
- A proven track record of research, publications and modelling.
- Exposure to / knowledge of Intergovernmental Fiscal relations systems.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Computer Literacy (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- A sound understanding of the legislative framework and policies governing public
- Good interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills and experience in
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The key outputs of the Researcher are as follows:
- Conduct research in specific areas related to the agreed Plan: Data and information gathering
and analysis, preparation of discussion documents and working papers, development of
appropriate models and formulae;
- Conduct Budget analysis in specific Research Portfolio areas
- Manage, organise, procure, warehouse, and facilitate the use of a wide variety of data, both
new and existing — including liaison with relevant bodies, institutions etc. for data.
- Analyze and interpret data for interrelationships relating to research issues under
- Prepare and submit reports and recommendations based on research findings.
- Present research outputs at various forums including internal seminar series, provincial
Legislatures and Parliament, as required.
- Liaise and interact with Commission stakeholders. Serve as a team member on the various
working groups and discussion forums of the Commission;
- Prepare and submit monthly Research progress reports
Interested candidates can send their CV
Interested applicants must submit a covering letter using the advert reference number, indicating how they will fulfil the above responsibilities, together with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, proof of qualifications, copy of ID