|Location||Pretoria, Pretoria, South Africa|
Financial and Fiscal Commission (FFC) is seeking to appoint dynamic and goal driven
individuals with high levels of analytical and research skills for Research Specialists positions
on a permanent basis to conduct research in ensuring the promotion of Intergovernmental
Fiscal Relations. The focus research areas for these positions include, but not limited to
Economy and Fiscal Policy & Modelling and Data.
- THE PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Research Specialists will be expected to contribute to the FFC’s activities, including
conducting policy research, authoring publications and related communication products,
developing practical policy recommendations for government institutions based on research
results and disseminating results via briefings, presentations at seminars, workshops and in
- LOCATION: CAPE TOWN / GAUTENG OFFICE
- MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Economics / Public Finance
- At least 7 years work experience in project formulations, implementation, reviews and
- Experience as a Researcher focused on public sector finance management, budgeting
process, economic statistical research, statistical modelling and data.
- Knowledge of Financial Programming and Policies, Government Finance Statistics,
Macro-economic Accounts & Analysis, Financial Market Analysis, Macro-econometric
Forecasting, Model-based Monetary Analysis and Forecasting, Tax Gap Analysis,
Macroeconomic Diagnostics, Public Sector Debt Statistics
- Proven research output track record.
- Excellent Report Writing / Statistical Presentation Format skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Experience in teamwork and research project coordination
- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The key outputs of the Research Specialist are as follows:
- Develop a detailed research plan within the allocated Research Portfolio;
- Conduct research in specific areas related to the agreed Plan;
- Formulate recommendations relating to financing and the division of revenue within the
agreed Plan areas;
- Assist in the analysis of the Budget with regard to specific allocated Research Portfolio;
- Present research outputs at the internal seminar series, provincial and national legislatures
and Parliament, as required;
- Prepare proposals for submission on any issues related to IGFR review pertaining to
formulas, models and other - IGFR systems;
- Formulate recommendations relating to financial and fiscal implications of any proposed
government policy within the mandate of the Commission;
- Preparation of the Annual Submission, MTBPS, DORB, FP and Amendment Documents
- Review relevant documentation (Draft Research papers, consultation inputs, reference
material etc.) and Treasury Regulations;
- Work with the research team members in formulating a planning schedule for compiling the
Annual Submission Document;
- Oversee the implementation of agreed research activities relating to the compilation of the
Annual Submission document; and
- Supervision of researchers to ensure the delivery of the research outputs.
Interested candidates can send their CV
Interested applicants must submit a covering letter using the advert reference number, indicating how they will fulfil the above responsibilities, together with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, proof of qualifications, copy of ID