|Location||Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa|
The Centre for TB Research Innovation (CTBRI) Unit, based at the University of Cape Town Lung Institute, require applications for a RESEARCH NURSE* on a Fixed Term Contract.
The Lung Institute is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the University of Cape Town and is recognised internationally as a leader in the study of treatments for tuberculosis and airways diseases, having performed more than 150 research projects.
Since 2008 CTBRI has conducted research into tuberculosis with focus areas of TB drug development, HIV/TB interaction,
effects of smoking in TB and HIV, and understanding adherence to medication in drug-resistant TB.
- Registration with South African Nursing Council (SANC)
- Certificate in Enrolled Nursing / Diploma in General Nursing
- Good Clinical Practice Certification (with a valid GCP certificate advantageous)
- Relevant clinical trial experience (will be advantageous)
- Keen interest in Research (particularly TB/HIV)
- Computer Literacy (proficiency in Microsoft Office)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Good interpersonal, communication and time management skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Willingness to work in a Covid-19 environment
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Recruitment at various community clinics
- Screen participants for inclusion into studies using specified inclusion criteria
- Interface with non-study routine clinical and nursing staff in hospitals
- Oversee all trial related activities for all sites - enrolment, recruitment, informed consent and randomization process
- Scheduling of participants for clinical examination and follow up (telephone and community visits)
- Management / Co-ordination of study participants
- Perform all delegated study procedures, i.e. vital signs, electrocardiography’s (ECG’s), collect laboratory and
pharmacokinetic (PK) specimens, etc.
- Prepare laboratory specimens for shipping or transporting to laboratory
- Providing nursing care to Early Bacterial Activity (EBA) unit in-patient and out-patients
- Management of participant records: maintain, retrieve and file according to study visits. This includes laboratory and
- Assist with training initiatives
- 12-month Fixed Term Contract
- Working hours: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Interested candidates can send their CV