|Location||Durban, Durban, South Africa|
Accounting & Finance
Our client, an international FMCG company based in Durban, seeks a Reporting Accountant CA(SA) to join their team.
The Senior Reporting Accountant Specialist supports the delivery of high quality, timely reporting for group, management and statutory purposes.
The role is responsible for ensuring compliance with external financial reporting requirements including IFRS and local statutory laws & regulations.
This role will be responsible for problem solving and recommending solutions to the Finance Controller for technical and judgemental transactions to ensure the Business Unit aligns to internal polices & controls and the relevant external accounting and statutory frameworks.
This roles needs to proactively engage to interpret and apply changes in local statutory accounting rules or other laws & regulations applicable to the local Business Unit.
The Senior Reporting Accountant will also provide support for statutory and tax compliance activated for the markets they are accountable and ensure that all R2R activities are executed in accordance with MAP and SOX control frameworks.
This will include monitoring and optimization of activities currently performed, review and approval of all relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and identification and migration of further activities as appropriate.
Key Performance Areas:
- To offer focus and provide feasibility options relating to future business development as well as continued financial control on a day-to-day basis.
2.To satisfy the reporting requirements and standards of the Finance Department.
- The contribution to the overall running of the business requires a full commercial awareness Key Functions/Tasks 1. Forecast/Budget – construction of forecasts and annual budget for internal and group submissions as well as upload of forecasts and budgets.
- Monthly Reporting and preparation of periodic reports.
- Managing and collating all information relating to Annual Financial Statements.
- Managing Company Insurance.
- Completion of statutory returns and secretarial company functions.
- Support to Finance Controller in terms of journal approvals.
- Review of Delegation Authority Matrix.
- Release of EFTs.
- Control and review of financial systems, procedures and reports.
- Managing of bank mandates.
- Provides financial advice on ad hoc projects as well as highlighting relevant issues and providing input on any corrective action where applicable
- Variance review and analysis of cost centres & P&L and trial balance review.
Minimum Entry Requirements - CA (SA) - Minimum of five years relevant experience
Ability to relate well and effectively with people at all levels.
Ability to provide accurate and relevant information within tight deadlines.
Ability to translate and interpret requests for information, and to communicate results in a manner that is clear to the recipient, often in presentations.
Ability to identify opportunities and areas of concern within the business.
Ability to set high standards of performance for self and others.
Advanced Excel & general computer literacy.
Interested candidates can send their CV