|Location||Montague Gardens, Montague Gardens, South Africa|
Our client - a company that import and export seafood products from and to various countries worldwide - are recruiting for an experienced Quality Control Manager.
- Develop, update and/ or improved, implement (where necessary), and maintain the
robust Food Safety Management System in place to conform to FSA, FSMS & GFSI,
R1.46, SANS585, SANS788 and other related food regulations and legislation.
- Overseeing the Prerequisite Programs, Food Defence, Food Fraud and documentation
- Conduct hazard analysis and identify CCP’s, CP & Critical Limits.
- Conduct monthly Food Safety Meetings and obtain relevant trends and information
- Establish and monitoring systems & maintain controls and documented procedures.
- To provide technical expertise to the team and help ensure the appropriate testing
techniques are used to find defects early in the test cycle.
- Conduct and assist with third party inspections and/ or audits (i.e. Pest Control).
- Liaise with regulatory officials ensuring compliance and assist in sample preparation.
- Drive the adoption of quality standards, practices, toolsets, and processes across all
areas of the business.
- Identify and analyse and/ test the quality of seafood varieties for (general quality,
parasites defects, and other problems), particularly when problems recur in multiple
products; recommends and facilitates solutions to these issues.
- Handling general quality related enquiries & identify and set appropriate quality
standards and parameters for products.
- Inspect and analyse products against specifications and ensure the highest level of
- Assist in obtaining relevant information from Suppliers to update specifications
accordingly and perform risk-based assessments.
- Managing non-conformances; corrective & preventative measures
- Responsible for Monthly Internal Auditing against the Systems in place and that audit
findings are addressed and communicated effectively to affected departments.
- Ensure that Daily GMP checks are conducted by relevant staff members and that
findings are addressed and communicated to the respectively affected departments.
- Investigate and give feedback on customer and consumer complaints and the trend
analysis thereof as per procedure.
- Give suggestions on change and improvement to make and how to implement
- Monitor performance by gathering relevant data, as well as produce statistical reports
for management to review.
- Maintains compliance with regulations, guidelines, and policies.
- Ensure cleaning chemicals and distribution thereof is effectively managed.
- Execute Training schedule where practicable.
- Performs other duties as assigned in line with job description.
- Assist in managing of label requirements and regulations.
- ND/Degree in Food Technology or BsC in Food Science Biotechnology or
Microbiology or related qualification required.
Interested candidates can send their CV