|Location||Pietermaritzburg, South Africa|
About the Project
The project is an energy and agriculture integrated programme in Cape, As such, SNV is seeking to recruit the services of a Project Manager (PM) to manage the project.
Project management and coordination:
- Overall responsible for development of an implementation strategy including CSR and gender considerations, the execution of activities and achievement of the programme objective. Manages and motivates the consortium team, partners and relevant stakeholders. Plans and assigns deliverables and activities including financial assistance (e.g. RBF facility), reviews their progress and addresses deviations in terms of timelines and quality, based on project planning, deliverables agreed, budget set, monitoring and reporting guidelines.
Realises synergies between relevant projects if and where possible. Responsible for delivery of short-term support from back-stoppers as needed. Coordinates with all other different key stakeholders in both the energy and agriculture sector.
Access to finance:
- Leads the design and implementation of the financial assistance to enterprises, ensuring the business case for these enterprises to service the markets. Facilitates the increase of access to finance to both enterprises and individual farmers. Leads the engagement of local and international financial institutions, donor agencies and multilateral development banks in the sector.
Business Development Support:
- Procures and supports selected providers of business development services for existing enterprises and potential new entrants, in particular innovative technology providers. Oversees the mobilisation and liaisons with all relevant enterprises supplying products and services to farmers. Help identifying companies that would benefit from business development services and ensures that these companies will be supported in time, tracking progress. Facilitates business networks.
Knowledge Development and Innovation
- Manages the learning agenda and leads on the coordination of internal and external knowledge development and innovation. This includes the delivery of publications, organization of webinars and workshops. Participates in knowledge development and innovation groups and in external and internal networks, ensures lessons learned are captured and shared.
- Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline (management, business administration, business economics);
- Proven track record with over 7 years of experience in project management and/or advisory services related to access to finance for businesses and/or farmers in a rural context.
- Experience with the provision of business development support to enterprises in a rural context.
- Knowledge and experience with the application of standards for gender and social inclusion in the implementation of programmes.
- Experience with knowledge development, innovation, and organizational learning.
- Excellent communication, presentation and debating skills with experience in profiling in an international setting.
- Strong interpersonal and influence skills and experience of working in a matrix organisation.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English.
- High level of integrity and accountability.