|Location||Pretoria, South Africa|
Admin & Office
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) in Pretoria and the direct supervision of the National Migration Health Project Officer, the Project Assistant will be responsible and accountable for providing support and contributing to the implementation and monitoring of the Migration and Disability Project. The focus of the project is to contribute to improving access to social protection for Migrants Living with Disability (MLwD) in Musina and Johannesburg. To achieve this objective the project will work with the relevant government departments, civil society, and media to increase the appreciation of the needs and rights of vulnerable MLwD to promote the inclusion of vulnerable MLwD in policies and programmes. The project will contribute to raising awareness about the rights and needs of MLwD, the current status of policies and programmes in promoting access to health and non-health services for MLwD in sites where the project will be implemented.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The incumbent shall perform the following essential functions:
- Assist in the implementation and monitoring of project activities.
- Assist in budget and work plan monitoring to identify any implementation shortfalls.
- Assist with maintaining a filing system that facilitates retrieving, compiling of information related to the project.
- Assist with administrative coordination of project implementation, involving liaison with diverse organizational units e.g. procurement and logistics, finance and operation units and external parties to initiate requests, obtain necessary clearances, process and follow-up on administrative actions.
- Assist in the implementation of the monitoring and evaluation function: drafting donor reports, reviewing quantitative quarterly reports submitted by the implementing partners, capturing reporting data.
- Draft status reports, identifying shortfalls in delivery and bringing them to the attention of the supervisor.
- Draft correspondence in response to general information requests and inquiries.
- Take minutes and monitor the implementation of the agreed action points.
- Organize meetings, field visits, workshops/ raining sessions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- High school diploma with four years of relevant experience; or
- Bachelor’s degree in Project Management, Business Administration, Social Sciences, International Relations, Development Studies, Migration Studies, Human Rights, Law or related fields from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience.
Prior Movement Operations or transportation experience is a strong advantage.
- Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, national/international institutions,
- United Nations agencies, and non-governmental organizations.
- Experience in working with people living with disability, migrants, refugees, internally displaced persons, victims of trafficking, and other vulnerable groups.
- Prior work experience with Non-profit organizations, international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Excellent organizational and administration skills.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Strong facilitation/training skills, good interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Computer competencies in advanced Microsoft Office software.
- Fluency in English
- Knowledge of local South African languages will be an advantage.
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Internals of the Organization and NMS candidates, as well as external female candidates, will be considered as first-tier candidates. This vacancy is also open to second-tier candidates.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and obtains nationality ID or valid residency/work permit.
Interested candidates can send their CV