|Location||Mthatha, South Africa|
Admin & Office
Purpose of the Job
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the project assistant is responsible for, but not necessarily limited to, the following assigned;
- Undertakes selection, creation, revise, and adapt educational material to meet youths’ varying needs, abilities, and interests.
- Undertake research and gathering of information on financial literacy, best practices to inform financial education methods;
- Undertake preparation of training sessions including determining and adapting to the best practice for specific youth groups;
- Undertake development and evaluation of metrics of FEET Project to inform improvements and provide reports to management upon request.;
- Support maintenance of relationships with project partners to effectively meet the needs of the youth.
- Undertake promotion of financial service awareness among the youths;
- Undertake promotion of an entrepreneurial and saving culture among youths;
- Undertake effective capacity building of financial education training of trainers in the TEVET sector;
- Undertake the provision of financial education in order to improve youth understanding of financial products and concepts;
- Undertake effective utilization of financial and other resources in order to meet the objectives of the project;
- Undertakes monitoring and evaluation of project implementation in order to track performance and facilitate implementation of appropriate intervention;
- To prepare correspondence, reports, email, etc. from general instructions and on own initiative;
- To make arrangement for meetings with stakeholders and coordinate meetings organized by the Project.
Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 School Certificate with 5 “O” levels, credits or better including English and Mathematics;
- Minimum degree in Business Administration, Economics, Commerce;
- Member of a relevant professional body; and
- Not less than five (5) years relevant experience
- Previous financial services experience or knowledge preferred
- Excellent Communication Skills (oral and writing);
- Proficiency in computers;
- Strong interpersonal, networking and negotiating skills;
- Ability to work under pressure to deadline and priorities tasks; and
- Project management skills.
- Effective communicator
- Creative Independent with good judgment
- Accurate and detailed Deadline driven and time efficient
- Enthusiastic and professional