|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
Media, Communications & Writing
|Street Address||Cape Town|
e.tv is South Africa’s biggest independent, free-to-air television channel. With over 16 million viewers, e.tv appeals to all races, ages and income groups and is the most viewed English language channel in the country. We are the destination of choice for local and international entertainment, a place where viewers can come together to set their imaginations free
Job Functions Media
Industries Broadcasting / Transmitting,Media
The incumbent would be required to provide varied, factual content for open news that meets the channel’s editorial vision. To commission graphics, write copy, source visuals and voice content for the show. To pitch story ideas and angles to the Programme Editor. To participate and provide feedback in meetings before and after the show. To edit visuals for air.
- Ensuring bulletins are succinct, factually accurate, contextual, relevant, engaging, conversational, and in line with the channel’s writing style.
- Producing content outside of live broadcasts across various platforms.
- Ensuring video lines match the script / story.
- Editing visual and cutting headlines according to script / story.
- Editing of bytes, interviews and overlay.
- Conducting research on programming topics.
- Checking electronic media, social media for articles of interest.
- Ensuring that archives are checked for specified and appropriate visuals when required.
- Stakeholder Liaison
- Liaising with reporters for updates on stories.
A relevant 3 year qualification in Film & Television
A degree would be advantageous
A minimum of 3 years within a similar role
Interested candidates can send their CV