|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
Our client, a leading name in the manufacturing concern seeks a dynamic Plant Manager to join their team, based in Johannesburg.
The successful incumbent will report to the Operations Executive.
- This position is accountable for:
o Operational performance in their factories.
o Identifying and delivering “quicker, lighter, faster” product solutions.
o Appropriate and diligent care of our Production Assets – “Asset Care” - excluding Services Equipment, [being Plant and Equipment that supplies air, water and electricity], raw material feeding systems and factory-based air-conditioning systems.
o Ensuring consistent performance of each business unit
o Managing Production KPI’s within parameters (waste, overtime, people resources etc.)
o Management of Production Teams (training, coaching and performance management)
o Partnering effectively with the SHEQ team to ensure zer
o customer complaints and returns
o Identifying and Managing trends and ensuring proper root cause to prevent repeat issues o Optimization of Up/Production time and efficiencies
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in Management in Manufacturing and Production (Packaging or FMCG preferable)
- B-Tech Engineering degree or National Diploma ideal (Mechanical or Electrical)
- GCC advantageous
- N6 minimum in a mechanical or electrical trade
- 3 years plus Production/Plant Management experience essential
- Intermediate excel and ability to work with numbers and people PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- A sense of urgency (does things quickly)
- High attention to detail
- Ability to handle complexity (multiple challenges simultaneously)
- Hands on individual
- Strong technical and problem-solving aptitude
- A proven track record of managing a team of Artisans and/or Engineers
Interested candidates can send their CV