|Location||Ladysmith, Ladysmith, South Africa|
Summary of the Position:
International Lifeline Fund (Lifeline) is seeking a dynamic Operations Manager in Ladysmith to take on the responsibility of overseeing our Fuel-Efficient Cookstove production facility to meet the goals and objectives of our social enterprise. The successful candidate will be accountable for all aspects of the production center performance and will ensure objectives are attained in a cost-effective manner that is consistent with quality requirements. He /she will also delegate authority to key supervisors in production, manage all functions involved, direct and coordinate operations for the production center. In addition, the candidate must have strong problem solving and analytical skills, familiarity with factory operations, and strong attention to detail. The candidate must have expertise in production scheduling/ process flow, familiarity with machines, setting quality control protocols, and proficient with spreadsheets to analyze production data and create reports to be presented for decision makers.
Program Management Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Country Director, the Operations Manager will undertake the following responsibilities:
Manage daily production center operations and processes.
- Prepare, analyze and issue production and performance reports.
- Create and enforce quality control standards procedures in terms of production and operations
- Prepare annual forecast and quarterly operating budgets and monthly reports in coordination with the marketing and sales Manager, senior finance and administration Manager and Country Director.
- Work with large team to develop strategies to increase productivity and production.
- Control costs to achieve company budget goals.
- Maintain inventory processes, reporting and management.
- Maintain a safe work environment and ensure compliance needs are met.
- Prepare periodic (Monthly, quarterly, semiannual & annual) production and material requirement plan based on market demand.
- Analyze factory production data and devising improvement strategies.
Develop and implement a preventative maintenance program in collaboration with the technical team.
- Provide strategic input for program improvement and recommend changes to enhance the programs as appropriate.
- Assure quality of inputs, process and outputs.
- Track expenses and activity analyze cost saving methods.
- Maintain records/receipts/accounts and reconcile project related expenditures.
- Coordinate maintenance and repairs of factory premise and machinery.
- Maintaining clear communications with Logistics team to ensure prepare logistical support for the factory.
- Participate in interviewing and selecting staff and train new hires on factory policies and procedures and program activities on a regular basis.
- Supervise and manage operational team scheduling.
- Build the capacity of the production staff on operations and production optimization.
- Inspiring, training and motivation staff to perform at their best through positive encouragement and incentive initiatives.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize work to meet all deadlines.
- Financial numeracy and inventory management.
- Team work
- Able to lead root cause analysis investigations
- Proficient with MS Office
- Able to explain training material to the operating staff
- Aptitude for equipment operation and troubleshooting
- Excellent communication skills
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Industrial Engineering, Operations Management preferred 5+ years’ factory operations experience.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8