|Location||East London, East London, South Africa|
Science & Engineering
|Street Address||East London|
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Operational Support
- Provide support to the shift based teams during operations.
- Attends SBT/SBU meetings and ensures that the previous day’s actions have been actioned
- Assist shift based teams with situational problem solving.
- Coach the shift based teams on machine operation, machine fault finding and correct responses to machine failure modes.
- Provide coaching, mentoring and knowledge transfer of machine operation and maintenance to shift based teams.
- Review SIC’s and addresses deviations regularly
- Development of work instructions related to equipment.
- Monitor and manage performance of equipment.
- Verify and ensure that machines are running at rated speed
- Prepare and communicate shift handover reports to ensure production continuity
- Participate in Technical meetings and escalate issues that could not be resolved during the shift and follows up to ensure gap closure
- Ability to stand in for the Production Team Leader where required
- Ability to work shifts
- Planned Maintenance
- Carry out work during the planned maintenance window in accordance with the planned maintenance schedule issued by the Planner.
- Where scheduled work cannot be completed, feedback to the Maintenance Planner for direction. This may involve rescheduling the work or prioritising outstanding work.
- Assist fellow team members in the execution of their tasks during planned maintenance windows.
- Where required, partake in maintenance post mortems to feedback problems, opportunities and learning’s from maintenance activities.
- Optimisation of maintenance schedules
- Coach / train Operators on autonomous maintenance tasks
- Review Line KPI’s to ensure that maintenance work is yielding the right results.
- Routine Maintenance
- Partake in cleaning, lubrication and inspection in accordance with the maintenance schedule issued by the Maintenance Planner.
- Carry out routine maintenance activities in accordance with the maintenance schedule.
- Where problems have been uncovered during routine maintenance, these must be resolved using the appropriate problem solving techniques.
- Where problems have been uncovered, and it is required to include the work in the planned maintenance schedule, this must be communicated to the maintenance planner.
- Running Repairs
- Carry out running repairs on plant and equipment
- When carrying out repairs, assess the problem and determine a course of action.
- Where running repairs cannot be carried out, communicates this to the Team Leader / Maintenance Planner to ensure the work is planned into the next planned maintenance window.
- Problem Solving
- Apply the correct problem solving methodologies to resolve problems
- Assist /coach Operators on situational problem solving
- Solicit support for problems solving or escalate to the Team for direction.
- Where required, partake in systemic problem solving.
- Housekeeping and safety
- Work in a safe manner at all times, and to identify and highlight unsafe work practices so that these may be corrected.
- Adhere to appropriate CCBA policies and procedures.
- Carry out housekeeping tasks, and apply 5S principles during the execution of duties 7. Support NPD implementation and trials:
- Support NPD trials to be able to run on assets
- Ensure adherence to NPD procedures
- Ensure all changes on assets are well documented as per the Engineering Change Management business processes 8. Training and Development
- Train and coach Operators on asset care and autonomous maintenance practices
- Where required; sign-off Operators on autonomous maintenance tasks
- Development of operational and technical standards and work instructions
Skills, Experience & Education
- Minimum requirement: Diploma in mechanical/electrical & Trade test (some instrumentation)
- Added advantage: PLC experience
- Grade 12: 6 Credits or better ‘O’ Level
- Professional Membership: Engineering Institute of Zambia Experience
- 2 years’ relevant technical experience in an FMCG environment
- Equipment functionality and packaging process in process area Competencies
- Diagnostic ability
- Coaching skills
- Result and Execution Driven
- Resilient and energetic
- Customer focused
- Contribute to self and Operator development.
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work under the pressures
- Must have an appreciation for quality and technical standards.
- Must be able to carry out mechanical and electrical maintenance work.
- Must have good ‘trouble shooting' skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree