|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
eNCA: SOUTH AFRICA'S MOST WATCHED TV NEWS CHANNEL. eNCA is South Africa’s most trusted independent TV and online news brand. It launched on June 1st, 2008 to become the country’s first 24-hour television news service.
Reporting to the Executive: News Operations
The purpose of this role is to strategically position eNCA across consumer and media markets aligned to key eNCA yearly and quarterly objectives. The main objectives are to create amplified awareness and a favourable image in key media markets through various integrated communication platforms .The purpose and function of the job can be achieved working within a triangular workflow to achieve overall business, brand, and marketing and publicity objectives for eNCA.
Job Functions Management,Marketing,Public Relations
Industries Broadcasting / Transmitting,Media
1.Integrated Marketing Communications Planning (IMC)
- Formulating integrated marketing communication strategies for eNCA.
- Presenting IMC plans to the different stakeholders in the group inclusive of eNCA business heads.
- Briefing in all marketing communications elements for the different news offerings in the business.
- Managing all eNCA news marketing related assets for internal and external usage.
- Overseeing promotion (including eNCA on-air and digital) communication and activities to ensure the right message is delivered for eNCA.
- Posting campaign reporting of all strategic news communications initiatives.
2.Publicity & Media Relations Coordination And Support
- Developing strategic publicity and media relations campaigns for eNCA.
- Preparing and distributing press releases communicating developments on all internal and external media platforms.
- Positioning key news talent and anchors.
- Managing key media lists for news.
- Addressing inquiries from the media and other stakeholders regarding all news offerings.
- Tracking media coverage.
- Planning, managing and executing all marketing and publicity production related matters inclusive and not limited to photo shoots.
- Overseeing development of creative elements and proof read marketing collateral to align with set strategic communication objectives.
4.Viewer Research And Insights
- Monitoring local and international news markets and trends.
- Assessing and interpreting ratings, competitor activity and channel research to develop strategies relevant to the brand portfolio.
- Collaborating with internal teams e.g. digital and media buying to ensure timeous launches of all campaigns
- Scheduling regular update sessions with Executive: News Operations, Group Head: Marketing & Communications Services and other group news business heads
- Developing key media relations for eNCA
- Attending, and often chairing, internal and external meetings relevant to work portfolio
- Managing project specific budgets.
Key Performance Indicators:
1.The set integrated workflow as determined by the Executive: News Operations is met and contributes to eNCA’s overall performance.
2.All developed integrated marketing communications strategies including publicity and media relations plans are implemented.
3.All key internal and external relationships are properly managed and maximized.
4.Clear demonstration of the ROI on all campaigns by undertaking post-campaign analysis for marketing and media relations initiatives.
Education: BComm or BA in Marketing and/or Communications,
Languages: Business English and an understanding of at least 1 official South African language
Experience: Minimum 5 years relevant experience with a strong understanding of the media markets and publications
Specific Professional Competencies:
- Proven experience as an integrated marketing communications practitioner as a Public Relations Officer, Manager or similar PR role with experience in formulating marketing strategies
- Experience managing media relations (digital, broadcast and print).
- Background in researching, writing and editing documents.
- Proficient in MS Office and social media.
- Strong communication ability (oral and written).
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Creativity and problem-solving aptitude.
- Able to think ‘outside the box’.
- Positive attitude and the ability to work under pressure is a must.
- Highly adaptable to change.
- Own Transport essential.
Interested candidates can send their CV