|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Street Address||Cape Town|
Manages and coordinates activities of the Public Relations Section and disseminates information on activities and programs of the ERB aimed at projecting a positive image of the Energy Regulation Board to the general public.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement effective public relations strategies, policies, programs and practices that promote a positive corporate image of the ERB.
- Disseminate ERB decisions and other key information on operations of the ERB to stakeholders using various communication channels.
- Cultivate sound relations with the media and nurture vital contacts with media personnel for purposes of effective information dissemination through the media.
- Prepare and coordinate media programs including radio and television programs, spot advertisements, public notices, program scripts, news ideas and facilitates and participates in outreach programs.
- Develop publications, edit content and facilitate for publication of ERB Information and Education materials.
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned by the superior.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Must be able to communicate effectively in English.
- Good leadership skills
- Good analytical, numerical and evaluating skills
- Good organizational skills
- Must be computer literate.
- Grade 12 School Certificate or equivalent.
- A minimum of a degree in Mass Communication, Public Relations or other relevant social science.
- At least seven (7) years post qualifying experience in the field of Public Relations. Public Relations Experience in the Energy sector will be an added advantage.