|Location||Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa|
The University of Cape Town seeks to appoint a Manager of Digital Education Production and Operations located in
the Centre for Innovation in Learning and Teaching (CILT) on a one-year fixed term contract.
The incumbent will plan, manage and assist the Curriculum and Course Design (CCD) team to support, enhance and
deliver digital education media and courses within the agreed parameters around time, resources, quality and
budgets. The incumbent will ensure there are robust and responsive project tracking systems in place that allow
the CCD management team to make adjustments around staff workload and resources as required.
We are searching for an experienced individual who is comfortable overseeing and tracking multiple parallel media
and education production projects who is happy managing their own time while operating as an accountable member
of the Project Management Team. As well as liaising with different levels of staff in the CCD team, they will be
required to manage contract staff brought in at peak times.
- An NQF 7 level qualification in a relevant field.
- At least five years of experience of which two years are as a project or production manager and two years
are working with online education (these can be concurrent).
- Demonstrable competency in project systems management, implementation, initiation and operations.
- Experience in project scoping and with project management software and tools.
- Experience managing and collating data and in the compilation and presentation of reports to assist with
- Experience managing staff workload, resources and budgets.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to work in a complex team as well as ability to manage time and work independently.
- Problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) coupled with sound interpersonal skills.
- Advanced computer literacy including using collaborative virtual teamwork platforms e.g. MS Office suite,
GSuite, Microsoft OneDrive.
- Honesty and integrity in managing finances.
The incumbent will work remotely at present, but circumstances may develop which require face to face engagement
in the physical workspace.
- An NQF 8 level degree or diploma, e.g. Postgraduate degree or diploma in a relevant field.
- Work experience in a cognate field such as education, film and media, visual communication or design.
- Monitoring and Evaluation experience and skills.
- Experience in and knowledge of the Higher Education environment.
- Initiate and implement excellent project management and tracking systems for the course and media
- Ensure that suitable and sustainable project tracking and management is ongoing across the CCD team.
- Track and collate data on all aspects of the projects (including materials, budgets and human resources) on
a regular basis to allow decisions to be made by the management team.
- Appropriate research and reporting to continually monitor and improve CCD services and support.
- Contribute to the development of a positive and inclusive CILT Organisational culture.
The annual cost of employment is between R520 000 and R612 053.
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to Cindy Gilbert at [email protected]
using your surname, first name as the first part of the subject line (after which you can label it as suits you)
- UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc)
- Cover letter systematically addressing your suitability to match the requirements listed above, and
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Please ensure the title and reference number are indicated in the subject line.