|Location||Kloof, South Africa|
Transportation & Logistics
A reputable company requires a Logistics Planner who will be based in Kloof.
The purpose of the role is to manage the tankers loading from refinery or depot to local customer or export including documentation and clearing agent.
Identify & resolve any issues which negatively affect transport optimisation.
Update transport planning schedule,
- Note position of each tanker & confirm movement to next position. If tanker does not move – follow up.
- Make notes on transport schedule regarding tanker progress – especially as regards issues requiring follow-up, & resolve.
- Update management with a moving 2 week forecast (plan) of customer deliveries & refinery collections.
- Submit daily plan indicating deliveries made and deliveries in progress with eta’s. Communicate with transporters, clearing agents, refinery & customers
- Note also that tankers deliver to customers & collect from the refinery on public holidays & weekends (if required) thus need to manage any tankers on the road at this time.
- Monitor the performance of Tanker to maximise service levels
- Transporter invoice details & costs
- Link – document flow from time of placing order on refinery & transporter to customer delivery to ensure each transaction is complete
- Invoice details from Refinery – note, check and reconcile to statement an agree to movements as per the Accountant.
Interested candidates can send their CV