|Location||Hyde Park, Hyde Park, South Africa|
eNCA: SOUTH AFRICA'S MOST WATCHED TV NEWS CHANNEL. eNCA is South Africa’s most trusted independent TV and online news brand. It launched on June 1st, 2008 to become the country’s first 24-hour television news service.
Reporting to Technical Operations Manager.
The purpose of this role is to coordinate all live crossings for the various programmes as well as the flow of feeds between regions. To manage the workflow of video editors and ensure all material is available on dalet.
Job Functions Coordinator,Logistics,Technical
Industries Broadcasting / Transmitting,Media
1.The Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Routing correct feed (SNG/ LiveU/ FSN/ Skype etc) to the correct matrix in the correct studio
- Ensuring all feeds / visuals for broadcast are recorded onto dalet
- Downloading material from Reuters / YouTube etc for use in daily packages
- Coordinate the workflow of daily stories that need to be edited
- Ensuring all daily stories have gone through a QC process and are available on dalet
- Ensure all daily stories are backed up on the correct studio’s back up server(cinedeck) for playout in the gallery
- Selling and sending of current footage for clients
- Hiring additional SNG’s if required by assignments
- Troubleshooting problematic feeds with the engineers
- Identify resource requirements and ensure correct staffing requirements are in place
2.The Logistics Coordinator must:
- work in a live & pre-record environment
- work independently and be able to take direction to meet broadcast requirements
- work under extreme pressure ensuring deadlines are met
- work with technical and editorial staff
- work with focus and attention to detail
Key Performance Indicators:
1.When all feeds have been correctly and timeously routed as per the broadcast requirements
2.When the final video lines are available on dalet meeting all production requirements.
3.Making Decisions and Solving Problems -- Analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
4.Communicating with the HOD, Peers, or Subordinates -- Providing information to the HOD, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person
5.Sufficient resource and headcount requirements are met on a day-to-day basis.
Education: Matric – Diploma or relevant knowledge in satellite & IP distribution
Languages: Business English / Microsoft Office
Experience: Minimum 5 years relevant experience in satellite & IP distribution as well as studio patching
Specific Professional Competencies:
- Good understanding of TV news production
- An interest in news and current affairs
- Must be able to work in live and pre-record environment
- Knowledge of technical broadcast specifications i.e. video, audio levels and quality
- Understanding of SNG frequencies and LiveU coverage
- Understanding of broadcasting environment, role players
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must be enthusiastic and deadline driven
- Agile / respond to change rapidly
- Team player
- Good time management
- Works well under pressure – multi task
- Engage professionally and in line with company values.
Interested candidates can send their CV