|Location||Durban, South Africa|
Main Areas of Focus
Management of the camp including:
- The reason for our existence is to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Meeting and welcoming guests to your camp and helping them to settle in comfortable.
- Providing guests with reliable and knowledgeable information about the camp and surroundings, facilities and activities.
- Ensuring that guests are treated with respect, courtesy and genuine hospitality, and that at no time would any guest be subjected to embarrassment, ridicule or unfriendliness from any member of staff.
- Dealing with all requests with a genuine degree of willingness to assist, no matter how difficult or impractical the request.
- Ensuring the safety and wellbeing of guests at all times.
- Ensuring that any medical, religious or other cultural requests or beliefs be respected and accommodated.
- That “no” is not a word which forms part of our vocabulary when dealing with guests, except in immoral or unlawful requests.
- Ensuring staff carries out the work they are employed to do in the relevant departments. This includes ensuring that staff are capable of doing the tasks required and are equipped to do the task required.
- Ensuring harmony in the work place by maintaining consistent practices when dealing with staff issues.
- Maintaining staff records efficiently.
- Ensuring rosters for work, leave etc. are fairly exercised.
- Maintaining disciplinary and grievance procedures fairly and in accordance to company and Labour requirements.
- Dealing with staff issues fairly and without prejudice.
- Ongoing training within the various departments.
- Supervision of Heads of Department, supervisors and other management.
- Being fair when dealing with staff and avoid preferential treatment.
- Offering advice and direction to staff and fellow management and leading by example.
- Being genuinely interested in your guests.
- Being dedicated to your work and loyal to the company.