|Location||Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa|
Science & Engineering
Vacancy 2× Lift Technician
Company Description A local and nationally represented company specializing in the supply, installation and maintenance of products for the vertical lifting industry is looking for 2 x qualified Lift Technicians who will be primarily responsible for servicing, preventative maintenance and repair work on Elevators and Escalators
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
- Repair, maintain and service lifts (passenger, goods, stair lifts) and escalators using hand and power tools testing devices such as test lamps, ammeters and voltmeters.
- Connect electrical wiring to control panels and electric motors.
- Maintain/adjust safety controls, counterweights, door mechanisms, and components such as valves, ratchets, seals and brake linings.
- Check that safety regulations and building codes are met and complete service reports verifying condition of lift and conformance to standards.
- Locate malfunctions in brakes, motors, switches, and signal and control systems using test equipment.
- Willing to work planned overtime and after hours standby schedule.
Qualifications Grade 12 Trade Tested as a Lift Technician/Lift Mechanic
University qualified Electrical and Mechanical training an advantage
Knowledge of Hydraulics would be an advantage
2-5 years working experience working SPECIFICALLY on lifts and escalators
Interested candidates can send their CV