|Location||eMalahleni, eMalahleni, South Africa|
The Department of Electrical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment has 2 x positions for Part -Time lecturers in the field of Mechanical Engineering (Engineering Graphics) at the eMalahleni Campus.
Critical Performance Areas
- Presenting lectures and tutorials for the above-mentioned subject.
- Setting of exam and assessment question papers and marking of scripts.
- Keeping up to date subjects files for each subjects taught.
- Preparing practical activities for each subjects and supervising and evaluating individual project work.
- Be responsible for all general admin work related to the subjects including updating of study guides and lecturer materials on MyTUTor, and uploading of assessment marks on ITS.
- Quality teaching and learning with technology.
- Implementing faculty’s teaching and learning strategy with evidence.
- Ensuring that all students do lecturer assessments on myTUTor.
- Ensuring that all allocated subjects adhere to assessment structure and time frames (submission of marks, moderators, and other related processes)
- Motivating and reminding students of the need to register (activate) their TUT4Life free email account.
- Using TUT4Life as the default means of communication for allocated subjects.
- Making all announcements regarding my subject(s) in class and myTUTor. If an announcement has not also been posted to my group(s) on myTUTor then an announcement is not formal.
- Sending email reminders to all students at least three days before deadline for projects and assignments and test dates. Take note that myTUTor can be configured to do this automatically.
- A Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Must have at least two years lecturing experience in an institution of higher learning, or at least three years industry experience in Mechanical Engineering subjects
Registration with professional body (if applicable)
Interested candidates can send their CV