|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Street Address||Cape Town|
The Department of Mathematics and Applied Mathematics is a large and dynamic department with over thirty
permanent academic staff. We seek to make one new appointment in Applied Mathematics at the level of Lecturer
or Senior Lecturer. As this appointment is linked to the South African Research Chair in Physical Cosmology,
applicants should be in a closely related field (theoretical high energy physics, cosmology, astrophysics, or gravity).
- Lecturer: A PhD in Applied Mathematics, Physics, or Astronomy with research expertise in one of the
previously mentioned areas, a sustained record of peer reviewed research outputs, and some experience
lecturing at undergraduate level.
- Senior Lecturer: As for Lecturer, but also an established independent research record, successful
supervision of postgraduate students, and significant experience lecturing a range of undergraduate
and/or postgraduate courses (including course development). Postdoctoral experience is an advantage.
- Teaching and developing undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Mathematics and Applied
Mathematics (within and beyond the Faculty of Science).
- Developing and pursuing an active research program, including supervising postgraduate students.
- Course convening, departmental and faculty administrative duties.
The annual remuneration packages for 2022, including benefits, is R805 385 for Lecturer level and R968 905 for
Senior Lecturer level.
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to Ms Natasha Khan at [email protected]
- UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc )
- A letter of motivation
- your CV (including a complete list of publications), and,
- clearly articulated Teaching and Research statements
Interested candidates can send their CV