|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Street Address||Cape Town|
The Department of Commercial Law, within the Faculty of Law, invites applications for appointment to the level of
Senior Lecturer / Lecturer to commence employment by 1 January 2022 or soon thereafter.
The Department intends to strengthen research and teaching across a number of areas of the commercial law
curriculum, including, but not limited to, the fields of Shipping Law, Tax Law, Labour and Social Security Law, and
Finance and Banking Law and would welcome applications from candidates with an interest in Commercial Law.
We wish to appoint applicants who are academic leaders, or have the potential to be academic leaders, to be part
of the Law Faculty, which values a critical and comparative approach to the study of the law.
- An LLB degree or equivalent qualification.
- And a strong academic record.
A postgraduate qualification; teaching experience at tertiary level, and previous publications will be advantageous.
For Senior Lecturer:
- An LLM degree or equivalent qualification and a strong academic record.
- Proven teaching experience at tertiary level.
- A consistent record of publications appropriate to the level of Senior Lecturer.
- Teaching courses offered by the Department of Commercial Law as required by the Department, which may
include courses offered to non-law students.
- Maintaining a research profile and publication output commensurate for level of appointment.
- Contributing to Faculty and Department activities and administration responsibilities appropriate to the level of appointment.
The annual remuneration packages, including benefits and scarcity allowance for the respective levels for 2021 is:
Lecturer: R842 133
Senior Lecturer: R1 013 113
To apply, please e-mail the documents listed below in a single pdf file to Ian Petersen at
- UCT Application Form (download at http://forms.uct.ac.za/hr201.doc):
- Letter of motivation systematically indicating how you meet the requirements as above;
- Curriculum Vitae (CV), and
- Certified transcripts of your academic results.