|Location||Pretoria, Pretoria, South Africa|
Lecturer (OFO CODE: 231101)
Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment
Department of Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering
Ref : 21/110b4
The Department of Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering in the Faculty of Engineering and the Built environment requires the service of a Lecturer.
CRITICAL PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Lecturing in the field of Mechanical Engineering with specialization in Engineering Graphics.
- Provide sound academic teaching and learning practices with continuous TLT innovations.
- Taking responsibility for administrative tasks related to teaching and learning, including the development of the new curriculum for Higher Certificate in Engineering.
- Compile and maintain quality study and practical guides, subject files and other TLT materials.
- Lead and participate in community service projects and research projects of the faculty/department.
- Liaise with industry regarding practical training, advisory committee meetings, industry visits and other related activities.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR LECTURER
Master’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 3 years lecturing at tertiary level.
- At least 3 years industry experience.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Computer literate.
- 3 years experience in SOLID WORKS
Registration with professional body (if applicable):
- Professional registration with ECSA and/or SAIMechE will be advantageous.
Interested candidates can send their CV