|Location||Arcadia, Arcadia, South Africa|
LECTURER (WATER SCIENCE/TECHNOLOGY)
DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL, WATER AND EARTH SCIENCES
POST LEVEL: 08
The department of Environmental, Water and Earth Sciences seeks to appoint a Lecturer. This is a permanent position based at the Arcadia Campus.
INSTRUCTIONS: Applicants are required to submit together with the CVs, a standardized application form available from the university intranet as well as recently certified copies of qualifications and Identity Document. Failure to comply with this instruction will disqualify the candidate. Further note that candidates may be expected to make a presentation or undergo competency testing.
.Key Performance Areas/Core functions:
- Lecture undergraduate and postgraduate students in water-related subjects specifically in the fields of water science, water and wastewater analysis and treatment on all levels, as well as the assessment of students.
- Efficient use of educational media
- Liaising with industry and other stakeholders regarding curriculum development, excursions, Work Integrated Learning, research and community projects
- Participation in departmental and faculty committees and activities relating to the learning programmes of the department.
- Participation in a research group with particular emphasis on the training and supervision of Adv Diploma and Postgraduate Diploma students
- General administration such as capturing test and assignment marks on the IT system, uploading documents on myTUTor and compiling module study guides and assignment
- A relevant Master’s degree in the field of Water Science/Technology and a BTech or BSc Hons degree in Water Science/Technology.
- At least 3 year’s industry or lecturing experience in water and wastewater treatment and analysis will be most desirable.
- Registration with the South African Council for Natural Scientific Professions (SACNASP) will also be an advantage.
Interested candidates can send their CV