|Location||Soshanguve, Soshanguve, South Africa|
LECTURER (X2): LAW : OFO CODE: 231101
Post Level: 08
The Department of Law has two (2) permanent positions available for Lecturers: Law at their Soshanguve South Campus.
Please note that, at this stage, part-time lecturers in the employ of the institution will be considered for these posts.
Previous applicant do not have to re-apply, as their CV’s will be included for screening.
Key Performance Areas
- Presenting lectures and assessing students in various legal subjects for day and evening classes;
- Be responsible for administrative tasks related to teaching and learning;
- Participate in the development of new curricula in line with the HEQSF structures;
- Involvement in departmental community projects;
- Legal research and publication of research in accredited DHET journals and peer-reviewed conference papers;
- Compile and maintain study guides, subject files and other teaching and learning materials;
- Engage in departmental, faculty and institutional initiatives; and
- Liaise with industry regarding practical training, advisory committee meetings, industry visits and other related activities.
- LLM degree.
- Three (3) years teaching experience at a recognized tertiary institution.
- A qualification in teaching in Higher Education will be an added advantage;
- Three (3) years’ practical experience in a legal practice/ environment (which includes articles of clerkship or pupilage); and
- Admission as an attorney and conveyancer and/or notary will be a strong recommendation.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Basic computer skills such as Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point is a recommendation.
Interested candidates can send their CV