|Location||Soshanguve, South Africa|
SOSHANGUVE NORTH CAMPUS
The Department of TVE requires a service of Part-Time Lecturer from October- January 2022 at Soshanguve South Campus.
Key performance areas/Core functions:
• Coordinate WIL for TVET and ACET programme
• Liaise with colleges and industries to create partnership
• Recruiting TVET/CET college personnel for skills training
• Making agreement with TVET/CET college for skills training
• Liaise with SETAs
• Involve in development of TVET and ACET qualification
• Develop Journal for Teaching Practice
• WILL Industry and Teaching practice placement arrangement
• Involve in Research activities in the Department;
• Participate in Departmental, Faculty and Institutional activities;
• Assist in administrative tasks relating to the TVET project
• Offering of practical classes in the workshop for Technology students
• Preparation of experiments and material for practical work for student.
• Supervise and assist students during practical work and conduct limited practical sessions.
• Regular maintenance of all equipment and infrastructure in the laboratory (regular inspections/trouble shooting, installation, requisitions for maintenance, manage access etc.)
• Occupational Health and Safety management in the workshop.
• Do safety inspections and regular risk assessments.
• Supervise and assist students on field trips in collaboration with lecturers.
• Supervision, including visitation of WIL students in collaboration with academic staff.
Teaching, research and/ or relevant experience in industry would be a strong recommendation.
1. Academic qualifications:
• B Ed Civil/ BSc/Dip Electrical Engineering
• A trade in one of occupational workshop practice
• BTech Eng Electrical or B Ed Hon is an added advantage
• 1 Year experience in trade
• A related Technical Education qualification would be a strong recommendation
3. Registration with professional body (if applicable)
• Registered with SACE
Interested candidates can send their CV