|Location||Port Elizabeth, Port Elizabeth, South Africa|
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS/TRAINING
- Degree in Occupational Therapy
- Current HPSCA and OTASA registration
- Membership for malpractice insurance
- Broad experience including orthopedics, spinal cord injury and neurology
- 2-years’ experience or less as an Occupational Therapist
- Rehabilitation environment experience is advantageous.
- Valid driver’s license with own transport and be willing to conduct regular home/work site visits within the Nelson Mandela bay metropole.
- Special interest/expertise within neurology
- Basic wheelchair training is advantageous
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of the ICF Framework with good written and spoken English language skills.
- Effective interdisciplinary team member.
- Awareness of evidence base for interventions.
- Computer literacy (Beginner/intermediate Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook).
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Possess the ability to work in a team with other therapists, doctors and nurses.
- Must be an adaptable/flexible individual who is comfortable in working in a dynamic environment.
- Be dynamic and able to prioritise your own workload.
- Available to work on a weekend roster / public holidays on rotation as part of your contracted hours.
- Understand physical rehabilitation and is excited by the challenges brought by it.
Interested candidates can send their CV