|Location||Johannesburg, Johannesburg, South Africa|
Computer & IT
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- The IT System Administrator is responsible for the maintenance, configuration, and reliable operation of
all Company computer systems and servers.
- The IT System Administrator will be required to install hardware and software and participate in
research and development to continuously improve and keep up with the IT business needs of the
- The System Administrator will also be required to actively resolve problems and issues with computer
and server systems to limit work disruptions within the company.
- Install and upgrade computer components and software, manage virtual servers, and integrate
- Troubleshoot hardware and software errors by running diagnostics, documenting problems and
resolutions, prioritizing problems, and assessing the impact of issues.
- Provide documentation and technical specifications to IT staff for planning and implementing new or
upgrades of IT infrastructure
- Perform or delegate regular backup operations and implement appropriate processes for data
protection, disaster recovery, and failover procedures
- Lead desktop and helpdesk support efforts, making sure all desktop applications, workstations, and
related equipment problems are resolved on time with limited disruptions
- Create and maintain documentation, procedures and policies
- Create and implement system and network usage policies
- Install, configure, and maintain networks
- Setup, configure and maintain Cloud solutions and services
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, system administration, or
- Professional certification (e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) or Microsoft Certified
Systems Engineer (MCSE) is a plus
- Familiar with various industry frameworks and governance standards.
- 4+ of database, network administration, or system administration experience
- Professional certification on virtualization, VMWare, or equivalent
- CompTIA N+
- Experience with databases, networks and patch management
- Excellent communication skills
PRIMARY COMPETENCIES & REQUIREMENTS
- IT System Administrator is required to work set hours weekdays, with rotational standby slots based on
administrators’ standby roster.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and South African ID
Interested candidates can send their CV